Our mission is to connect the next generation of land owners to the next generation of producers.
WHAT WE DO
Combining 80 years of experience in the Agriculture industry to offer you these services.
A program unique to Next Gen Ag where we match the next generation of landowners to the next generation of producers.
We work with both existing and aspiring producers to connect them with retiring farmers and landowners.
We act as an unbiased 3rd party to help facilitate fair and long term lease arrangements for the benefit of your farm and your landowner-producer relationship.
We offer a flexible flat fee structure that can be paid by the landowner, the producer, or both can share in the cost.
A program to help producers manage the costs in their farm operation and operate more profitably. Producers have the option for a one-time review or an on-going consulting program.
We offer our expertise in other areas such as our young farmer mentoring program, real estate consultation, and facilitating transition of farm operations between non-related parties.
MAKING SUCCESSION PLANNING A SUCCESS FOR YOUR FAMILY FARM
This webinar brought together two succession experts and two Illinois farm families to talk about the big picture of farm succession planning. Together they explained and addressed topics like: (1) why succession planning matters so much; (2) what are common obstacles that keep families from making a plan at all or from making a sound plan that will accomplish all they desire; (3) how to move past those common obstacles; and (4) what the two families learned from their experiences.
Here are just a few things that stood out from the presentations and dialogue:
- How to manage the distinction between being fair to one’s children versus being equal is an incredibly important question to wrestle with. The two approaches are not the same. And, oftentimes, treating your children equally can mean the farm will have a very hard time making it as a going concern.
- Mike Downey of Next Generation Ag Advocates shared a great slide detailing all of the many factors we face today that create a “perfect storm” for making succession planning difficult.
- Conservation easements are often overlooked as a helpful tool, but many families are not aware of them.
- We heard stories of both succession planning disasters and of the great relief and family peace that good succession planning generated.
Please share the video with families who would benefit.
Please RSVP by emailing Downey@farmestate.com or 319-361-2409. A follow up email will be sent the night before the workshop with a Zoom invitation link to join the day of the workshop.
- August 6th, 2019 | Independence, IA
- August 20th, 2019 | North Liberty, IA
- August 22nd, 2019 | Wellsburg, IA
- August 26th, 2019 | Fairfield, IA
- August 27th, 2019 | Dixon, IL
- August 29th, 2019 | Burlington, IA
- September 5th, 2019 | Macomb, IL
- September 10th, 2019 | Milan, IL
- September 12th, 2019 | Altoona, IA
- September 17th, 2019 | Galesburg, IL
- Consolidation in Production Agriculture & our Rural Communities
- Farm Transition Strategies for Retiring Farmers, Landowners & Producers
- Farm Leasing in 2020 for Maximizing Income & Long Term Relationships
- Connecting Retiring Farmers & Landowners to the Next Generation of Producers